If you will not be renting a car, you will probably end up riding a bus or train. Each ride will cost you $1.75 or you can buy either a Day Pass ($7) or a 7 Day Pass ($25) to get around by Metro bus and train. You must purchase a TAP card for $1 then add a pass to it. Passes are valid on Metro buses and trains only, and not valid on other municipal buses (i.e. Culver City, Santa Monica, etc.). Cards are non-transferable and cannot be shared.
Where to buy a DAY PASS:
- On a bus - just ask the bus driver for a day pass and insert money. Cost is $1 for TAP card plus $7 for the pass ($8 total). If reloading your card for a new day pass, you only need to insert $7.
- At any Metro train station customer center or ticket vending machine.
- Retail pass outlets. The closest location is less than one block away from us at Phil's Discount Store located at 1451 1/2 West 3rd Street.
Where to buy a 7 DAY PASS:
- At a Metro station customer center or vending machine.
- Retail pass outlet like Phil's Discount Store one block away from us.
- IMPORTANT: 7 day passes are NOT available for purchase on buses.
Once purchased, all you have to do is TAP your card to the card readers, wait to hear a "beep," and you're all set!