Los Angeles is a huge city and very spread out. Whether you are renting a car or not during your trip, it is possible to get around Los Angeles using all modes of transportation. The Downtown Los Angeles area provides easy access to major freeways (the 110, 101, 10, 5 and 2 freeways are all within a 3-10 minute drive from our location), as well as an abundance of buses and Metro Rail stops that get you to Hollywood, Universal Studios, Santa Monica and more!
How to Get Here: LAX to Jerry's Motel
Getting to Jerry's Motel from LAX is simple.
- Take Freeway 105 East
- Transfer to Freeway 110 North
- Stay in the lanes to your right after you see the 9th St. exit, otherwise you will miss your exit
- Take the 3rd Street exit
- Continue driving straight on 3rd Street
- Drive 3 blocks and make a right on Lucas Avenue
- You have arrived! We're on the left hand side of Lucas Avenue
Prime Time Shuttle
Shared van shuttles offer affordable airport pickup and drop off via a van shared by multiple riders heading to and from the same general area of Los Angeles. The cost is an affordable $16 per person.
The FlyAway Bus picks passengers up at every terminal at LAX. Take the bus labeled UNION STATION, which drops you off at Union Station in Downtown Los Angeles. Travel time is about 35-45 minutes. Upon arrival at Union Station, either take a short 10 minute taxi or Uber ride to our hotel, or public transportation if traveling with light luggage. Tickets can be purchased on the bus (only credit cards accepted) or online at a cost of $8 per person.
Arriving by public transportation is the cheapest option, but also takes the longest amount of time. It involves a few transfers and requires a lot of energy as the public transportation infrastructure from the airport to DTLA is still being constructed. Be very prepared if you choose this option - print maps and directions ahead of time.
When looking up directions on Google Maps, you will see various options. We recommend the directions listed below, as it involves the least amount of walking with luggage.
Travel Time: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- Look for the blue signs that read "LAX Shuttle and Airline Connections." These are located on the islands of the Lower/Arrivals level when you exit all terminals (see map here)
- Take the free "G" shuttle bus to transfer to the Aviation/LAX Station (Metro Green Line)
- Take the Metro Green Line towards "Norwalk Station"
- Get off at "Willowbrook - Rosa Parks Station"
- Transfer to Metro Blue Line towards "7th St/Metro Center Station"
- Get off at the "7th St/Metro Center Station"
- Transfer to Metro Red or Purple Line towards Union Station/Downtown LA
- Get off at Pershing Square (1 stop)
- Go to 5th St. and Hill St. and catch Metro bus #16 towards Century City/Cedars Sinai
- Get off at 3rd Street and Lucas Avenue stop
- Congratulations, we're right across the street!
From LAX, you can easily catch a taxi from a taxi waiting area near your terminal. Just look for the yellow signs with a picture of a taxi.
Taxi fare will be approximately $55-65 excluding tip.